A bullet point list of some of the things I learned at work:
- Do not be in the same room when a 50000 volt, 200000 amp, 50 microsecond “lightning” strike goes off. It will vaporize anything in its path with a bright flash and a large boom.
- “While at The Boeing Company you will not be able to avoid the wild goose chases that you are sent on by well-meaning co-workers.” — From “The Art of Being a Professional Boeing Employee”, Author Unknown1
- Tasks in The Real World™ are not like homework: they often take longer, are not as well-defined, and not graded.
- With regard to the previous item, I need to be better at planning long-term (i.e. > 1 week).
- My job title2 should not be abbreviated.
- “Life is too short not to have an EVIL PLAN. Life is too short not to do something that matters. Life is too short to sleep walk through it, hoping, dreaming, but never quite waking up. Life is too short not to become the person you were born to be.“