Force User Field Registration v0.6
So it seems like WordPress 2.5 ended up breaking some things in the previous version. So I did some work over the weekend and brought everything back up to speed. Here’s a list of what’s been updated:
- Added PHPDoc
- Updated add_action to use inbuilt filter rather then have users add their own
- Update admin UI to 2.5 LnF1
- Updated input tag to make it look like native input tags
- Updated fergcorp_forceRegistrationField_updateFields to use passed variable instead of DB query
- Updated error handling in fergcorp_forceRegistrationField_checkFields to use the new WP_Error object (note: this makes WP 2.5 a minimum requirement)
I think the best news is that you don’t need to modify files anymore to get the plugin to work, you can just drop it in and go. WordPress also has implemented a new error handling framework (WP_Error) which is pretty spiffy.
On a side note, I did take a gander at the MU version of the plugin and it appears to be working properly…at least for now.
Read more or download it!
1 LnF: Look and Feel0