Why hello there, I’m Andrew Ferguson and you’ve reached my website. I’m Seattleite, born and raised. I went out-of-state to attend The Colorado School of Mines in Golden, Colorado where I graduated in May 2009 with a Bachelors of Science in Engineering with a Specialty in Electrical Systems and an Area of Special Interest in Mechanical Systems. But now I’m back, and gainfully employed by an aerospace company that rhymes with “snowing” where I do cool things and help save the world.
I’ve enjoyed a presence on the web for many years now with both email (4th grade, 1995) and a website (5th grade, 1996). My space has taken on many different forms and many different names over the years, from Tripod, to XOOM, to Geocities, to hosting my own site, to now having it professionally hosted for me, it’s been known over the years as Andrew’s Web Site, Starbase 156, and now Andrew Ferguson dot NET. No matter what, I’ve always enjoyed having this little spot.
Pertinent facts you might want to know and commit to memory:
- I hate using all forms of Internet slang, save abbreviations. Okay: LOL, LMAO, AFAIK, etc. Not okay: u, 2, b4, ur, etc.
- I don’t like having conversations on text message, unless absolutely necessary (i.e. one of us actually can’t talk). If I suspect a text message will lead to a text conversation, I will call you.
- I suggest you read The Nerd Handbook if you’d like to understand a bit more about me.
- You may also want to look over my personality profile…I’d still call it applicable 4 years later.
- Fill in the blank: “People who like _________ will love my blog!” Answer: random and passionate musings
- I listen to lots of public radio, both over-the-air and online. I particularly enjoy: This American Life and Radio Lab. Although really anything NPR will do. And Too Beautiful to Live.
- When I listen to music, it’s usually: U2, The Beatles, Queen, Dave Matthews, Billy Joel, Stevie Wonder, Radiohead, The Who, Panic at the Disco, Miles Davis, Chicago, Cake, or something classical.
- I’ve watched every single episode and movie from the Star Trek franchise; yes, even the animated series. Yes, this scares me. Yes, I promise to never to do it again.
- I’ve also watched every single episode of Sports Night, The West Wing, and Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip.
- I don’t watch South Park.
You can also read about the history of AFdN.
Last updated on February 1st, 2020 at 07:33 pm0