I finally got out the last batch of the letters I’m planning on sending for fund raising purposes. Inevitably, there are some people who I didn’t send letters to who may feel left out. I’m sorry I wasn’t able to send letters to everyone. It takes a lot of time and energy to address and prepare letters (plus 44 cents in postage). I targeted people who I though would not read my site on a regular basis and/or would be interested to know what I was up to. Please consider this letter personally addressed to you.
Last night our group received a list of what Bruce and Deb hope for us to accomplish. There were many things on the list, mostly dealing with some basic construction needs a la High School Mexico Mission Trip
Of particular interest to be are:
- Troubleshoot the wiring from the generator to the well and find out why it is not pumping water to the school.
- Look at an possibly improve the wiring for the generator and school and church there, or at least plan what should be done.
- The church has a fledgin ‘computer center’ with a couple of computers and an internet connection. I don’t know what shape it is in but I need to talk with the pastor to see if he wants anyone to work with some of the teachers and their instructors on this.
The internet connection in our team house does not at present work. We have not been able to re-aim the satellite dish with the new transmitter even though we have the right equipment and have done it before. This is a prayer request. If it is not working when you get here, if anyone can help us we would appreciate it.
All these things make me very excited! I’m pretty good at trouble shooting and I love guerrilla improvisation. I’ve already relayed a message1 back to Bruce asking for more information so I can read up on the right specs and bring the correct tools.
I’ve been reading up on Haiti (here, here, and here), including the fact that it is perceived as one of the world’s most corrupt countries, even more than Russia.
Some important dates to keep in mind:
- January 3rd, 7pm – Commissioning at UPC Evening Service
- January 5th, 7:30pm – Commissioning at Convergence
- January 8th, 12pm – Depart Seattle
- January 18th, late at night – Arrive Seattle
I can’t believe I’ll be in Haiti in less than a month; better start packing!0
It was really just a volley of questions ↩