As I mentioned last month, I was looking at getting a new Tablet. Well, I ordered it a couple weeks ago and it is now safely in my arms!
Daedalus is a Toshiba M700 Portege and I purchased it as originally spec’d: 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo with Intel Turbo Memory; 2GB RAM on a single DIMM; 120GB 7200RPM hard drive; Windows Vista Ultimate.
- Even with the removable disc drive in, the machine is light and feels light.
- The volume dial is a digital control that just freely spins. Thus, there isn’t a physical point that is the minimum or maximum volume.
- The screen needs to be perpendicular to the keyboard in order to turn.
- When I’m typing, I sometimes accidentally tap the touch pad which moves my cursor. There is a setting buried several layers in which allows you to disable tapping while typing.
- The Windows key moved from the upper right-hand corner (on the M200) to the lower left-hand corner (in the M700).
- There is not a physical latch for the screen.
- The USB placements seem odd, but acceptable.
- The screen resolution is crisp and I like it better then the previous resolution.
- You can save about 10% by paying with a Visa credit card.