I’ve been pretty productive the last 24 hours or so. Here’s what I’ve accomplished:
- Got a good start on my housing for next year…maybe even almost finalized
- Called tech support to try and get my laptop fan fixed (it’s been really noisy of late and needs to be replaced)
- Got an appointment setup for Red October (my car) to get some things diagnosed and fixed, including:
- Constant pull to the right
- Low idle speed (~200 RPM) with jumps to regular (~1000 RPM), bad O2 sensor?
- Under body rattle at lower (<800 RPM) speeds
- Got a bunch of blog posts out of the way and cleaned up my desktop a bit
Tech support has been less then helpful. They want $75 to expedite my diagnostic. Otherwise I have to give up Apollo (my Tablet) for 3-5 business days, which can’t happen because I do all my school work on it. I can buy the part myself for $36 and change, plus shipping.
If you figure the drive down to Lone Tree and back is about 23 miles each way, I’m looking at $5 in gas for a round trip. If I do that twice (once to diagnose it, once to actually get it fixed…both while I wait), that’s $10 in gas…or almost a 1/4 of the cost of the part. Bonus: There is a Krispy Kreme in Lone Tree, which I’ve been craving since my dream yesterday.
My plan is to drive down there and turn on the charm and logic. Turn the computer on, show them the racket it makes, and get them to order the part.
Plan B is to talk with Nick Lew from SAAS and see if he’d be willing to get the part for me under warranty and have it shipped to me for a modest fee.
Plan C is to order the part my self.