Sorry for not writing about this sooner. I’ve somehow managed to select a set of classes and other extracurricular activities that constantly and incessantly bombard me with work. As you might remember, my tablet succumbed to effects of hitting a pepper shaker.
After an initial panic, I gained my composure and started looking around. I eventually tracked down number of the part I needed, P000388420. New, the part was going to cost anywhere from $110 to over $250. That wasn’t going to fly. I decided to check eBay, on the off chance someone might be selling one unused. Must have been my lucky day. Not only did I find just what I was looking for, it was going to close in 4 days. I was able to snatch it up for a paltry $61 plus a few bones for shipping.
Now the fun part: Installation.
The above image is actually not what my screen looked like before repair. It actually looked like:
Note the ever so faint arching crack in the upper left.
I felt the best way to document this would be with photos. So I created a Flickr Set called M200 Screen Replacement. It details everything I did, didn’t do, and should have done.
Make sure to hover over the pictures as I’ve included lots of notes!0