These 10 questions originally came from a French series, “Bouillon de Culture” hosted by Bernard Pivot.
They’re better known as the questions that James Lipton asks every guest at the end of “Inside the Actor’s Studio” show.
Answers them for yourself, and have fun with your friends. You’ll be amazed at how much they reveal about a person’s thoughts, feelings and beliefs.
- What is your favorite word? Universe
- What is your least favorite word? Ex
- What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? The challenge. Having someone ask, “I have this problem, can you help me?” Then pinning down exactly what their problem is and finding a solution to it. The more unique, the better.
- What turns you off? Monotony
- What is your favorite curse word? Fucktard, although I don’t get to use it nearly enough.
- What sound or noise do you love? Engines. But only two kind: a the whine of a jet-engine starting and the constant hum of a warp drive.
- What sound or noise do you hate? Grinding metal
- What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Teacher
- What profession would you not like to do? The guy who writes user manuals, or worse yet, has to transate them from one language to another.
- If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? “You were right.”