Quinn sent this link to me this morning, from the 2+2 Foums:
- On a standard traffic light, is the green on the top or bottom?
- How many states are there in the USA? (Don’t laugh, some
people don’t know)
- In which hand is the Statue of Liberty’s torch?
- What six colors are on the classic Campbell’s soup label?
- What two numbers on the telephone dial don’t have letters by
- When you walk does your left arm swing with your right or left leg? (Don’t you dare get up to see!)
- How many matches are in a standard pack?
- On the United States flag is the top stripe red or white?
- What is the lowest number on the FM dial?
- Which way does water go down the drain, counter or clockwise?
- Which way does a “no smoking” sign’s slash run?
- How many channels on a VHF TV dial?
- On which side of a women’s blouse are the buttons?
- Which way do fans rotate?
- How many sides does a stop sign have?
- Do books have even-numbered pages on the right or left
- How many lug nuts are on a standard car wheel?
- How many sides are there on a standard pencil?
- Sleepy, Happy, Sneezy, Grumpy, Dopey, Doc. Who’s missing?
- How many hot dog buns are in a standard package?
- On which playing card is the card maker’s trademark?
- On which side of a Venetian blind is the cord that adjusts
the opening between the slats?
- There are 12 buttons on a touch tone phone. What 2 symbols bear no digits?
- How many curves are there in the standard paper clip?
- Does a merry-go-round turn counter or clockwise?
Click “More” for the answers.
- Blue, red, white, yellow, black, &gold
- 1, 0
- Clockwise (north of the equator)
- Towards bottom right
- 12 (no number 1)
- Clockwise as you look at it
- Ace of spades
- *, pound
I missed #4 (red, white, gold, black, silver, bronze), #7 (24), #10 (counterclockwise), #11 (top right to bottom left), #13 (right), #14 (counter clockwise), #19 (“don’t care”), #21 (joker), and #22 (right).
I would argue:
- 7. How many matches are in a standard pack?
- They don’t define what a standard pack is. The kind from Safeway? The kind in a box?
- Many cars now have 87.9 as the lowest setting