Blogging pointers from Maryam for her son Patrick. Good points….
- Remember that what you write is out there in the public for EVERYONE to see. Guard your privacy against your desire for public attention.
- Everything you write could someday be used against you. Write so that you give your friends pleasure, but not your enemies.
- You have entered a whole new playground and there are so many great friends to meet, so many new things to learn. Enjoy your new experiences and cherish your new friends.
- Just like every playground there are some bullies in this one too. Don’t let the turkeys get you down! If someone leaves an inappropriate or mean comment, don’t take it personally and don’t dwell too much on it. They are not worth it.
- Before you publish something, ask yourself what your Dad, your Mom or your friends would think about it? Would they approve? What about a future college recruiter? Or someone who is interviewing you for a job? If you are not sure, ask someone. Remember rule #1.
- Don’t write about someone without their knowledge; portray others as you would like to be portrayed yourself. Remember rule #2.
- I hope that you continue to ask questions and keep alive your curiosity and take us along in your journey.