Brian Bollon, one of the admissions counselors at BJU sent me a response a short while ago:
I’m glad to know of your interest in a Christian education. I will be glad to answer any questions you might have, or send you a profile of a major you are interested in. You can call me at 800-252-6363, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also find some information on our web site (www.bju.edu).
Bob Jones University
First off. I honestly get sick to my stomach just going to their website and I would have to say that if I were going to BJU I would either kill myself or commit atrociously funny pranks all day long…hopefully the latter.Second, I’ve done some more research and turned up something that explains alot: BJU is in Greenville, South Carolina. Even furthur reinforcing typically sterotypes of the South…and perhaps even some peoples hatred of. I responded:
Most of my questions revolve around the Residence Hall Life rules.
- Why must I live in the halls until I’m 23?
- Can you elaborate more on the “check out” policy?
- What is the extent of the room inspection? I can appreciate keeping my room clean, but I don’t want to feel violated either.
- I have an existing email account (the one I’m emailing you from) that I’ve used for years. I get all my email from everybody at this account. Do I really have to use BJU’s email system exclusively?
- If I bring a wireless router and connect that to the campus network so that my connection is filtered, would that be a problem?
- Can you explain the cell phone etiquette?
- Why are posters of movies and musics starts banned?
- Why is jazz, rock, and “contemporary Christian music” not permitted?
- Why can’t I have a DVD/VCR?
- Why can I not watch movies rated higher than G? What if the movie is not rated? What are acceptable ratings for TV?
I appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions.
I’m counting on their naivety to prevent them from finding this blog. The picture is of Dr. Bob Jones III. Stay tuned for more updates. I’m going to go puke now.0