Wisdom teeth and all that jazz

The times they are a-changin’.

This post seems to be older than 19 years—a long time on the internet. It might be outdated.

On Tuesday morning I went to go have my wisdom teeth ripped out. They started me off with some good ol’ Nitrous Oxide. After that, it was a little poke and then I really don’t remember much. I do remember that I had my eyes closed and that I need help from the nurse to get out of the chair. I stumbled over to the recovery area and sort of sleep there for a little while. I really have no idea how long it was. I think they put a heart monitor on my finger, but I’m not sure. Anyways, we left and drove over to QFC to get my meds, Penicillin and Tylenol 3 (Codeine). I was feeling pretty good at this point. We drove over to the Apple store and I picked up some new headphones. Then we drove home. I popped a Penicillin and some Codeine and then went to bed. The next few days were filled mostly with sleeping. I really don’t remember much. By Thursday night, I had finally figured out that Codeine is a narcotic and was not only making me very tired, but also causing me to not remember things. I put an end to that, taking IBProfuen instead. Friday sucked quite a bit…probably from the withdraw of the Codeine. And that brings me to today. Eating some solid foods (e.g. cut up grilled cheese and bagels), but using my front teeth to chew…which really sucks. I periodically check to ensure that all 4 stitches are in and I have to rise out my mouth with salt water 3 times a day. The maxillofacial surgeon said not to brush my teeth for a little while. I suppose it’s so I don’t rip out the stitches or anything. I plan to begin brushing tomorrow. I start the sucking out fluids part on Tuesday. Jeez, at least I only have to do this once! In other news, I picked up an APC Smart-UPS 3000 for free. It can draw up to 60 amps, but it seems satisfied with well just under 20 for now. I’ve been trying to get my hands on one of these for ages and now it’s mine! All mine! Mu ha ha ha ha ha ha. ERhm. Anyways, very exciting none-the-less. I also started cleaning out my office and bedroom in preparation for driving to Colorado. Only 44 some days left.